Wednesday, February 25, 2009

unexpected...

so i'm being reminded everyday that you can't compartmentalize ministry. according to paul, my life is to be my sacrificial act of worship (romans 12:1). i've been aware of this for quite some time, but the lord is showing me more and more each day that when i walk in obedience with him, he will open up opportunities for me to share his love and truth with others.

when i think about the times in which i've seen god working the most since i've been here in brasil, i realize they haven't been when i've prepared for ministry to happen. obviously the lord is working in the planned bible studies and services we have each week, but it's been during the unexpected conversations with students that i've seen jesus working the most. 

so i'm learning (...again....and i'll probably have to learn again and again) that it's about being sensitive to the holy spirit and keeping my eyes open to what god is doing around me--always striving to be surrendered to christ and his desires...


2 comments:

  1. I love this about the Lord...He likes to work when we don't expect Him to...when we aren't necessarily "prepared". I think it's because He likes to show how strong He is when we are so weak, or unprepared, or unexpected. He just likes to show up in those moments. He's done it forever...and it still surprises all of us. And He came as a baby when we all expected a King...
    Good thoughts! You're doing God's amazing work, Chris! I am so proud of you!
    Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel ya bro. its tough to continuously operate in the spirit and not by ourselves. im glad you're re-learning this and getting to practice it.

    ReplyDelete