Tuesday, February 3, 2009

a leap of faith

so in october 2008 i jumped on a plane and headed to brazil to work with college students. i often wonder where i found the courage to do this...but this is just more evidence to me that jesus is behind it all. i spent the last 3 months in ribeirao preto, studying portuguese. i spent 3 hours in class everyday, and made some incredible friends there. but my first two weeks here were very difficult. i didn't realize how much i'd miss my family and friends, but god's grace is sufficient...and he saw me through. and then two weeks ago, i packed up all my things and moved to the ENORMOUS city of sao paulo. moving from the small town of toccoa, to a city of over 20 million people is quite a change. but i'm loving it. i still wake up in the mornings completely in awe that god is allowing me to do this. since i arrived in sao paulo, i've been settling in and making friends. but things are starting to get really busy. and i can't wait to see what god is going to do...

2 comments:

  1. I will never forget the day you left Atlanta! I am so glad we all got to be there! At least we don't have to go through that again.....it is so good to see how happy you are and how wonderful the people of Brasil are treating you! Looking so very forward to meeting your new friends! Love you! -- Rose Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, I know you don't know me personally but I just wanted you to know that you are in my prayers. I think it is awesome what God is doing in your life. I am sure there are times when things get really tough, so I pray that you will feel God presence daily and HE continues giving you the Courage to be who HE created you to be.
    May God Bless you,
    Tracie McEntyre

    ReplyDelete